More Strangeness with Compaq DL380 and Fedora Core 2

Brig C. McCoy mccoyb at lindahall.org
Mon Aug 23 16:18:34 CDT 2004

FWIW, we ran into something similar with RHEL 3 on our ProLiants...
<http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?admit=716493758+1089829087067+28353475&
threadId=601011>
>I followed the instructions, editing /etc/modules.conf by commenting
>out this line:
>alias usb-controller usb-uhci
>The first time we rebooted, the change hadn't yet been made so it
>didn't work.  But there were no new USB errors in
>/var/log/messages.  The second time we rebooted... it worked!

...brig

--
Brig C. McCoy                   5109 Cherry St
Head, Systems Office            Kansas City, MO  64110  USA

PGP Public Key: <http://www.theworld.com/~brigc/pgp/>