More Strangeness with Compaq DL380 and Fedora Core 2

Jon Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Mon Aug 23 13:50:17 CDT 2004

Good morning all!

I'm getting used to Fedora Core 2, which installed flawlessly the first
time on the Compaq DL380.

What's strange is I can't do a remote restart (shutdown -r now).  I can
halt the system (shutdown -h now) and it will actually power down the
server.  But the restart gets to the point where it should do the system
restart (after killing all processes etc.) and just sits there.  I have to
physically be present at the server and turn off the power manually.

Do I need to find/install some Compaq health utilities?  Any ideas on this
one?

I am also having trouble getting MySQL 4 installed, but I had trouble on
RedHet 9 also - I just have to remember what I did several months ago to
get RH9 upgraded from MySQL 3.23 to MySQL 4.

--
Thanks very much,

Jon Moss
jon.moss at cnonline.net