Resizing Reiser

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Aug 12 15:11:17 CDT 2004

On Thu, August 12, 2004 10:09 am, Brian Densmore said:

> A question when booting how many lewtters of lilo appear on the
> screen?

I'm pretty sure it gets past lilo, as it appears to load a good deal of
the non-bootable kernel.  The previously bootable kernel is where the
problem crops up, so I'm thinking it's somethng specific to it, like the
system map.

I'm also going to look for a BIOS update on this Compaq (Deskpro EN SFF
PIII 650); it doesn't seem to recognise the 120G drive, and while I know
that Linux generally bypasses the BIOS if there's any question about drive
access, it might be more comfortable if both OS and BIOS agreed about it.

I didn't get a chance to boot the gentoo install cd and launch sshd before
I left this morning, so this will have to wait until later before I make
any actual progress - just gathering ideas at this point.