autoboot problem after the power back on emachine-T2042 model

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Wed Oct 22 04:13:03 CDT 2003

Joe Cho wrote:

> I don't have much knowledge about Hardware how to make it auto boot
> after the power
> I am cautiously asking this basic question how to make the computer
> auto boot after the power back on.
> disrupt and come back, most time, it takes only few seconds.
>
> So, most time I forgot whether there was the power was didisruptedr not.
> whenever I try to access this machine, I realize that the system was
> down. and I had to boot manually.
>
> It would be nice to have the system auto boot after the power was
> ddisrupted
>
> Is there anything I can do or something I can do for making auto boot???

Go in the BIOS.  In the Power options, probably along side power saving
features, there will be something like On Power Loss/Resume : and then
what action the PC should take (you should be able to scroll through the
options).  I always set mine to Stay Off, but you can also set them to
Resume Last State, or Boot/Startup/Turn On PC.   I leave mine at Stay
Off, because when the poser goes off here it sometimes surges a few
times before it finally goes out.   So basically the PC will boot 2-3
times in quick succession after shutting down abnormally.   No I don't
have a UPS or a line conditioner and if it all breaks I'm hosed.

Brian