autoboot problem after the power back on emachine-T2042 model

Zscoundrel Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Wed Oct 22 13:44:00 CDT 2003

I have a couple of surplus UPS's that only need batteries to make 'em
operational.  All have been tested with new batteries (not included) and
appeared to work normally.  The batteries are available locally for $65
- $70.

I would be willing to part with 'em now that winter is coming to make
room in the garage for other projects.

Brian Kelsay wrote:

> Joe Cho wrote:
>
>> I don't have much knowledge about Hardware how to make it auto boot
>> after the power
>> I am cautiously asking this basic question how to make the computer
>> auto boot after the power back on.
>> disrupt and come back, most time, it takes only few seconds.
>>
>> So, most time I forgot whether there was the power was didisruptedr not.
>> whenever I try to access this machine, I realize that the system was
>> down. and I had to boot manually.
>>
>> It would be nice to have the system auto boot after the power was
>> ddisrupted
>>
>> Is there anything I can do or something I can do for making auto boot???
>>
> Go in the BIOS.  In the Power options, probably along side power
> saving features, there will be something like On Power Loss/Resume :
> and then what action the PC should take (you should be able to scroll
> through the options).  I always set mine to Stay Off, but you can also
> set them to Resume Last State, or Boot/Startup/Turn On PC.   I leave
> mine at Stay Off, because when the poser goes off here it sometimes
> surges a few times before it finally goes out.   So basically the PC
> will boot 2-3 times in quick succession after shutting down
> abnormally.   No I don't have a UPS or a line conditioner and if it
> all breaks I'm hosed.
>
> Brian

Those who understand binary, and those who don't