Hiring in K.C.

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Thu Oct 16 05:48:35 CDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 08:48:44PM -0500, Zscoundrel wrote:
> I also have to laugh at the
> cluelessness of the people that get all excited about the unemployment
> rate dropping.  The just don't realize that fewer people are filing for
> unemployment because most of our benefits have run out!!!

Unemployment is not generally measured by the number
of people receiving or applying for unemployment checks.

http://www.bls.gov/bls/glossary.htm#U

Sometimes the people at whom you are laughing
are rolling their eyes.

That being said, it is my understanding that
there is a lowering effect on unemployment caused
by people no longer actively persuing employment.

-Andy