Hiring in K.C.

Zscoundrel Zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Thu Oct 16 01:48:48 CDT 2003

I just saw a pollyanna-esk newsletter claiming the KC area would be
adding 21000 jobs in 4th quarter of 2004.  Those are impressive numbers
except for their BS like quality and the fact that many of us will have
starved to death in the next 12 months.  I also have to laugh at the
cluelessness of the people that get all excited about the unemployment
rate dropping.  The just don't realize that fewer people are filing for
unemployment because most of our benefits have run out!!!

Hanasaki JiJi wrote:

> The Training company advertisements say things are getting better and
> x of y jobs in the next couple years will be in IT.  I forget the
> values of x and y; however think it was a large percentage.
>     The definition of "IT jobs" was not provided.....
>

> Peter Amisano wrote:
>
>> You have been misinformed my friend.  In KC Sprint has again laid off
>> more
>> employees.  There are tens of thousands of IT professionals that have
>> been
>> laid off in the Kansas City area.  The IT market may be getting
>> better but
>> not in KC.  Now, there are jobs available all over, but the salaries
>> are not
>> improving at all.
>>
>> happy to have a job,
>>
>> Pete

Those who understand binary, and those who don't