So much for English tech support from India

Kris Bodenheimer numa at thenuma.com
Fri Nov 28 18:40:27 CST 2003

Call centers left KC because of the problems with KC.  And trust me, the
City of Kansas City will do all it can to make it difficult for call
centers to move back.  Love those NIMBY, and community action groups.
Everywhere in the city thats affordable to build/move into, the city
regulates it to the hilt, and drives up initial costs.  Oh yeah, and
love that earnings tax.  Oh yeah, and the other beauty, how about TIFs.
  ooooohhh, don't you love it when your competitors get a tax break,
that you ddin't? screw 'em.  The best we can hope for are higher taxes,
higher cost of housing, and more beauracrats.

You would be amazed how much a city can raise the costs of housing.

Kris