links now works fine; mouse doesn't?

Leo J Mauler webgiant at juno.com
Fri Nov 28 17:29:18 CST 2003

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:44:20 -0600 "Brian Densmore"
<DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com> writes:
> I have found that gpm and X don't play nice together.
> I remember reading somewhere to unload gpm before launching X.
> Maybe they have fixed that, but I know it used to be an issue.
> Anyway, logic dictates only one program can have physical
> control of the mouse at a time.

Well apparently I'm Miracle Max then, because I've never had a problem
have any trouble whatsoever coexisting on any machine I've installed
Linux on.

Now, Links seems to use gpm in graphical mode, since if you unload gpm
Links will load in graphical mode, but the mouse pointer remains in the
center of the screen and does not move when you move the mouse (not that
remaining in the upper left corner when gpm is loaded is any better).