So much for English tech support from India

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Fri Nov 28 19:39:40 CST 2003

Kris Bodenheimer wrote:

> Call centers left KC because of the problems with KC.  And trust me,
> the City of Kansas City will do all it can to make it difficult for
> call centers to move back.  Love those NIMBY, and community action
> groups. Everywhere in the city thats affordable to build/move into,
> the city regulates it to the hilt, and drives up initial costs.  Oh
> yeah, and love that earnings tax.  Oh yeah, and the other beauty, how
> about TIFs.  ooooohhh, don't you love it when your competitors get a
> tax break, that you ddin't? screw 'em.  The best we can hope for are
> higher taxes, higher cost of housing, and more beauracrats.
>
> You would be amazed how much a city can raise the costs of housing.

Yeah, our fair city is usually too incompetent and slow to compete with
the faster moving and more flexible Johnson County.  I used to work for
the city so I can say I'm an expert at spotting the mediocrity and
incompetence in city gov't.   They let me go because I didn't live in
the city, even though I did a great job and was commended by every user
I helped.  They kept a guy who can't find his butt with both hands and a
road map, that skates out for long lunches and leaves early every chance
he can get away with.   Get this, he was building a new image for a new
model of PC (Windows XP).  he didn't apply all the latest security
patches and updates and then he stuck this DESKTOP PC in the server rack
and went home.   The  server admin gets a call at home early in the AM
from SBC asking him to please disconnect the virus infected computer
from the T-3.   He was broadcasting some of the latest worms.   Do you
think they did anything to this guy?  Nope, just told him not to do it
again.

He is the reason I have this .sig.