Gentoo Fans utb RE: Red Hat and product lifespan

lerninlinux at comcast.net lerninlinux at comcast.net
Sat Nov 22 06:57:37 CST 2003

I have been messing with different distros and would like to try Gentoo, as I think it might help
me learn better.  I was wondering what speeds of machines you all compile (and run if compile on
other machine) it on; cpu and mem size vs time.  I have 3 reasonably fast machines and 4 or 5 slow
ones.  Eventually I would like Linux with an encrypted filesystem on my laptop/desknote as I need
to worry about data security with a possible job.  Linux has been serving me well this past year,
but I am really unhappy with how slow I feel I am learning, not enough time in the day with
multiple jobs and 7 day a week work schedule.  That's why you see me virtually instead of at the
meetings!

Thanks all
Randal