HD Sizes...MoBo limits?

Matt G linux at bizniche.com
Thu Nov 13 16:25:23 CST 2003

Hey Guys:

I've never been good at knowing how much hard drive a motherboard can
handle.  I know there were limits on older motherboards, but not so many
limits on newer ones.

I just purchased a new 80gb hdd, and I know it'll go in my PIII box just
fine (I has a PCI ata/100 controller card.)  But, I'm not sure what'll fit
in my old AMDK6 233 box.  Currently, there is a 4gb, and a 15gb in there.
I'd really like to put the 40gb in there that I'll take out of my PIII, but
I'm having trouble finding info on what will fit.

I'm not sure the exactly make/modle of the motherboard in the K6 box.  I'll
investigate.  But if anyone knows any general rules on this stuff, I'd love
to hear.

Thanks,
Matt