HD Sizes...MoBo limits?

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Thu Nov 13 16:58:54 CST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Matt G wrote:

> Hey Guys:
>
> I've never been good at knowing how much hard drive a motherboard can
> handle.  I know there were limits on older motherboards, but not so many
> limits on newer ones.

The sky is the limit.  Many of the new super sized hard drives bundle a
new controller to overcome hardware limitations.  I have an old P120
computer with a 160GB hard drive.  It uses its full capacity and speed
just as well as a brand new computer possibly could.  No special software
needed.  In fact, I took an old Slackware floppy to install linux on it.
I am writing this email on said computer!

The new controller even let me work with my old 1.2GB drives too...