OT RE: Novel Chat

John Ross rossjohn at us.ibm.com
Fri Nov 7 20:08:00 CST 2003

If its "off topic", then wouldn't that mean that its not a Linux
discussion.  If its not Linux, then shouldn't it go to some other email
list.  Isn't this a Linux user group email list, and as such deal with
things about linux?  Or does "kclug" stand for something else?

--
John Ross
Systems Management Integration Professional - Adv

Dave Hull <dphull at insipid.com>
Sent by: owner-kclug at marauder.illiana.net
11/07/2003 11:30 AM

cc:     kclug at kclug.org
Subject:        OT RE: Novel Chat

Not only that, but most of the posts have included the obligatory "OT" in
the
subject line, letting everyone who cares to look know that the content of
the
message is (gasp) "Off Topic".

'course, Mr. Ross' post was an exception to this subject line convention.

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Jeremy Fowler wrote:

> Ok, I guess you haven't been reading the Novell topics then... Novell
bought SuSE... So now its on-topic just like any other Linux Distro...
cheers! ;-) Mr. I like sending in HTML...

would be really cool if some Linux was discussed in this email list.  For
a while there I had the feeling that I had joined a Novel or Windoze
mailing list.

--
Dave Hull
http://insipid.com

Most people have two reasons for doing anything -- a good reason, and
the real reason.