Setting up PPPoE under Linux and moving Win32 Mozilla files to Linux

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Fri Mar 28 15:10:10 CST 2003

Quoting James Colannino <email2jamez at covad.net>:

> Hey everyone, can anyone give me a simple way to set up a PPPoE
> connection under Linux?  Windows has pissed me off for the last time,

Here's a PPPoE deamon on Freshmeat:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/pppoed/8328/url_homepage/pppoe

Here's the PPP HOWTO which links to the Roaring Penguin client:
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/PPP-HOWTO/c1609.html

Setup is straightforward, but if you could get off of PPPoE that would be even
better.  Good luck.

I've managed to go mostly MS-free with RedHat 8.1RC2, still a couple of loose
ends to tie up but mostly converted.