Setting up PPPoE under Linux and moving Win32 Mozilla files to Linux

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Fri Mar 28 14:56:37 CST 2003

Send what distro and  version you are using as these things occasionally
change and may be different between distros.   In many of the major distros
current versions there is an option to set up PPPoE during the networking
portion of the install or the networking configuration tool.   That is how
it is done in Mandrake and probably others.   I have no need of it with my
provider and I would have to set it up on my firewall anyway.   If you are
using a Linksys firewall/router/switch there is something like a checkbox to
set it up on the config screen.   I have set up a couple of the Linksys
devices, but have not set up the PPPoE stuff though.
Brian