Setting up PPPoE under Linux and moving Win32 Mozilla files to Linux

James Colannino email2jamez at covad.net
Fri Mar 28 05:58:40 CST 2003

Hey everyone, can anyone give me a simple way to set up a PPPoE
connection under Linux?  Windows has pissed me off for the last time,
and as of this moment I purge myself of it's existence, like it wasn't
even there.  As soon as I get a working internet connection, Windows
doesn't even exist.  Maybe on the boot menu for my family, but not for
me.  It rebooted spontaneously, trying to hide a blue screen of death,
and when it returned, Mozilla no longer recognized any of my profiles,
no matter how many backups I tried to restore, and I have had it.  I
know there is probably a solution, but why bother anymore?  Why bother
with inferior software?  I hate it.

I had some very important email too.  My other question is, is it
possible for me to take my profile data files and port them to my Linux
machine and get it to recognize all my email?  My settings won't work
obviously from OS to OS, but what about my mail?  I have extremely
important mail I don't want to lost.  Please, anyone, help me out if you
can.  I guess this experience is a good thing.  It has finally made me
take the dive.  Finally, I'm free of Windows.  God, it feels good.

James