Browser Performance

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Mon Mar 24 13:19:03 CST 2003

Quoting Kurt Kessler <kessler2k at yahoo.com>:

> You might try Opera  www.opera.com
> I use it in Linux, Solaris, and Windows. It is fast,
> and stable.

I've used it, found it a bit odd, haven't installed it here yet.

> Also, you mentioned that you replaced win95? with RH
> 8.1, what is your processor and memory on your
> computer?

AMD 550 with 256M RAM, Voodoo Banshee w/16M.

Yes, replacing Windows 95.  I've never had any reason to install 98 or any of
the later perversions.  At best, NT would have taken a performance hit with
little to offer, and the 98/ME product line would have cost stability and
control along with performance.