More on "Censorship"...

Brad Spangler brad_spangler at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 18:12:09 CST 2003

I partially disagree.

I see the radio stations as responding to the
loudmouth  pro-war fools within their listenership.

I doubt the broadcasting corporations "per se" have a
horse in this race, so to speak. It's about the
stations attempting to reflect the views of their
listeners.

Example:

Alternative rock station 96.5 the Buzz is 61 Country's
sister station, owned by the same company. When 61
Country had an anti Dixie Chicks event the other day
in which people were encouraged to come down and trash
all their Dixie Chicks CDs and merchandise, the
morning crew at 96.5 enmcouraged their listeners to
comne down and publicly protest it as a free speech
issue! Word has it, they outnumbered the country music
stations people. Again, the rock station is owned by
the same company as the country station.

In order to make the point that the war is against
true American interests and contra to American values,
I think those of us who value peace and liberty need
to convince the broadcasters (and the broadcasters
advertisers) that coming down on an artist because
they criticize the president will not be in their best
interests business-wise. And remember, business is
what they are all about.

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/01/11/1848248.shtml?tid=123

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/01/30/1444252&mode=nested&tid=158&tid=98&tid=123

> > What happened isn't illegal. It IS something that
> concerned citizens
> > SHOULD do something about and for that, I applaud
> Jeremy's efforts.
> >

> majordomo at kclug.org
> Enter without the quotes in body of message

=====
Brad Spangler