first root (was Re: Linux at UMKC)

Seth Dimbert s.dimbert at fhmr.com
Wed Mar 12 03:59:48 CST 2003

I don't really have the chops to participate in this conversation, but my
first *nix experience came in college, when the Computer Lab was full of
Russian guys chatting online and playing MUD's. I used to telnet in so I
could talk to my girlfriend (now wife) and I was a "poweruser" because I
knew how to do two things:

1) I could "banner" messages onto other user's terminals

2) I could do it to people I was talking to at the time, thanks to the magic
mojo of ctrl-z.

Hee hee!

:)