Ineresting the AMD 2500 is a slower clock than the 2400

numa at thenuma.com numa at thenuma.com
Mon Mar 10 18:08:53 CST 2003

WEll... ok, a few general rules.  You want to run your memmory bus
synced with your Front side Bus, so, if you get a 2500 barton which is a
333 chip, you only actually need 333Mhz ddr memmory.  Now, cl2 memmory
will tend to be a fuzz quicker than cl 2.5.  So, if your choice is
400mhz 2.5 memmory and 333mhz cl2 memmory, gofor the 333.  someday we
will need 400 mhz memmory, but hey, how often have you reused memmory
from one
generation to the next (I would bet never).

Second, you should look into the asus a7n8x the one with the nvidia
nforce2 chipset, as it has a dual memmory bus, so use 2 512mb sticks of
cas 2 ddr400... yum.

kris