AIX blows its foot off

James Colannino email2jamez at covad.net
Mon Mar 10 19:13:42 CST 2003

I didn't see any mention in the article that said the code was internal
as opposed to external.  The way it was described (when it said that
even if it used patented practices in code licensed under the GPL it
would become licensed under the GPL as well) somewhat makes me think
that it most likely is refering to internal code as it would imply that
these patented practices were various functions in the kernel itself,
which are a part of the Linux architecture, but I think the author of
the article should have clarified that somewhat as many people have a
scewed view of the GPL (thanks to M$...)

James

--
The New Penguin Times: A New Linux Online Magazine
http://www.newpenguintimes.com