Recording problems

Apollo Apollo7772 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 23:36:01 CDT 2003

Ok, I figured it out.

Using alsamixer:
'Capture' has to be configured to capture and the volume needs to be
turned up.
'Mic' has to be MUTED, set to capture and turn the volume up.
'AC97' should be turned down all the way.
'AC97 Capture' should be turned up all the way

After I got it working I rechecked everything listed above to make sure
thats really how I fixed it.

Woohoo!