Recording problems

Apollo Apollo7772 at comcast.net
Sun Jun 1 21:56:41 CDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-06-01 at 21:26, Brian Kelsay wrote:
> Do you know what mixer you are using?
amixer, alsamixer, alsamixergui and Gnomes Volume Control.

> It is likely that the line level is
> all the way down.   This has been the problem for a lot of people with
> Mandrake and Red Hat in the past where the speaker level was down by
> default.
I'm not sure what you mean by line level.  Do you mean line in?

>   If you have a Gnome session try to find gmix I think it is.   From
> a console or xterm you might try aumix as it has been an old standard.
> You might also have a separate mixer for the GnomeMeeting program or the
> Sound Recorder program.

I'm using Gentoo 1.4rc4 and a SBLive!  From what I can tell the card is
set to send everything from the mic to the speakers.  And I need to
figure out how to send it to my recording device which is
/dev/sound/dsp.