Squirrelmail question

Charles Mallahan Jr. HaveAGreatDay at mallahan.net
Thu Jan 30 18:14:06 CST 2003

I agree with you.  I run webmin, nagios, acid, squirrelmail all in SSL.
Like right now I am in Dayton, OH (I travel alot because I am an IT
consultant, specializing in security) and I need the remote admin feature.

A while back someone trojaned the sendmail source, and so RedHat posted a
patch for sendmail.  I applied the patch, and like other patches, it
usually makes a rpmnew config file.  So handling it like a previous bind
and apache patch, I checked my configuration files, and in those cases
they were back to the original default text, so I just restored my old
ones.

With sendmail it generates your .cf file off of a text configuration file,
so for "a try" using webmin (making it easy...since time is tight right
now) I would just rerun the configure and see what happened.  I didn't
change anything, but I figured the patch might have.

I recommend to anyone before using webmin, do what I do.  Compile your
entire system from source (and don't quit with doing apache).  It took me
a week before I had apache configured the way I wanted it, with the proper
mods, it took me two weeks to just understand bind, but I am better-off
for it now.  I don't want/need to consume any more time then I have to
keep my systems properly running, but I wouldn't say anyone who just uses
webmin is a Linux Guru either.

Jonathan Hutchins said:

> [...]

Regards,

Charles Mallahan Jr., CISSP