Squirrelmail question

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Jan 30 17:38:35 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Mallahan Jr." <HaveAGreatDay at mallahan.net>

> I had the same problem, I went into webmin in the sendmail server section,
> I clicked on domain mapping.  Then I clicked on the "click here" which
> took me to reconfiguring sendmail, which I did.  Must be from the patches
> that came down awhile back on RHN, I never reconfigured.  Once I did this,
> I could forward and reply to emails.

Do you have any idea what you changed in sendmail though?

(This is one of those things I hate about things like webmin that
Microsoft-ize Linux.  You can have someone administer a server and make
sendmail configuration changes without knowing a thing about what they're
changing or why.  For someone who knows what they're doing it can be a
useful tool for remote admin, but I would think it would be a security
nightmare.  I sure wouldn't run it, but if I did run a web configuration
tool I would not allow it to start automatically; I'd start it manually from
an SSH login and shut it back down when I was done making changes.)