Linux sparc install errors

Kurt Kessler kessler2k at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 18 16:01:43 CST 2003

Anyone on the list jack w/ sparcs? I am installing Red
Hat 6.2(sparc) from cd (was verified) and keep getting
the same errors:

"error creating swap on device sda6"

Then if i click 'ok', I get:

"error mounting sda5: device not configured"

I know that my cdrom is sda6, by looking at the
devalias at boot. I deleted all the hardware aliases
in the boot sequence and set it back to the defaults.
Im booting directly from cd. I have tried to manually
set up partition information, but get the same errors,
so I think it may have something to do with the
hardware config? Im sure this is something simple, but
i've never messed with sparcs b4 so its new to me.
Would appreciate any help.

Kurt

=====
32 bit extensions and a graphical
shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system
originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor, written
by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.