reinstall help

Matt Graham linux at bizniche.com
Sat Jan 18 15:35:31 CST 2003

On Sat, 2003-01-18 at 06:41, david at dacoto.com wrote:
> Hello all, Thanks ahead for the help.
>
> I just did a complete reinstall after wiping our winbloz completely.
> Everything went fine except two small things.
>
> 1. I can not use epplets anymore, I type "E-Name.epplet $" in a termimal and
> it never displays on the screen but the process is running in top.
>
> 2. I set up 3 different email accounts in 3 different email clients and none
> of them are able to send, only receive. I checked and double checked the
> settings on everything and still nothing. So I have even went so far as to
> remove and recreate all the accounts on my other machine and have no
> problems at all, they work fine.

Did you change ISP's or anything?  If you're email addresses are sending
through a domain other than your isp's smtp server, chances are you
won't be able to send.   For my bizniche.com accounts (my domain) I
can't use the smtp server for bizniche.com when dialing up with
earthlink.  I have to use earthlinks smtp server (smtp.earthlink.net or
something.)  The pop server can be my own...but not the outbound.

Might be something,
Matt

--
Matt Graham <linux at bizniche.com>