On my way to KC... a little help?

admin at kclinux.net admin at kclinux.net
Thu Jan 16 06:02:58 CST 2003

Lenexa area is fine.  Not "so" ritzy, but a better city to live in.  Just
has a big drug bust there a few weeks ago at a Super 8 hotel on I-35 and
95th street. Overland Park isnt 100% ritzy.  The only reason it seems ritzy
is all the businesses moving in and all the execs want to live close, so OP
has been expanding big time over the years with new houses and luxury
apartments.  But OP has it's flaws too.  Several apartment complexes in
south Overland Park (135th st area) has been having problems with auto
vandals.  What exact part of Lenexa are you moving to?  The KCLUG meetings
are down town.  You got about a 20 minute drive on I-35 to downtown from
the Lexexa area.

Kansas taxes are higher than Missouri on several things like property tax
and cigarettes.  Kansas has better roads than Missouri, even tho road rage
has increased higher on the Kansas side than Missouri in the last year (and
you'll see why).

Something you might need to know is the Grandview triangle (in Missouri).
It's where 3 major highways (470, 435, and 71) meet/cross each other and is
always chaos in rush hour.  Avoid this as much as possible. Currently it's
undergoing a billion dollar reconstruction and soon will be worst with
lanes/highways closing down. http://www.kctriangle.org

There's a couple ups and downs for you.  Pretty much the bottom line is,
nothing around KC is perfect.  Just dont move to KCKS or KCMO. (move to a
suburb.)

Sorry for my grammer.  It's 12:02am and I've been working on a script for
the last 6 hours and I'm running on fumes.  But hey, it's finally
snowing!!!!!!!   (6 to 10 inches!)