On my way to KC... a little help?

zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Fri Jan 17 15:32:10 CST 2003

I hope that I don't get into trouble for telling thins, but Johnson
County is developing a bus service.  It has been one of the best kept
secrets in a long time.  (In fact, this information is probably
classified and now some government stooge is going to come and cart me
off to jail.)

They have opened 2 new routes out here in Western Shawnee - as far as I
can tell.  There are two suspicious looking JoCo transit vehicles
lurking around the new Dillons parking lot on Shawnee Mission Parkway in
the mornings and afternoons.

NOTHING has been announced anywhere, as far as I can tell, so maybe they
are just some CIA cover for illegal domestic operations.  Perhaps they
are just transporting the pilots for the CIS'a black helicopter
programs.  (I you don't here from me ever again after this - STAY AWAY
FROM DILLONS!!!!!!)

On the other hand, this is could be just another incompetently
implemented mass transit program, brought to us by the same people that
have "managed" the area mass transit programs for years.

It makes me wonder - Does it cost MORE to operate a bus FULL of fair
paying passengers???  Because it seams to me that if the route structure
was PUBLICIZED, more people might be ABLE to ride the bus, thereby
making the venture PROFITABLE and SUCCESSFUL!!!  Oh wait.  I keep
forgetting the government does not operate like private enterprise.  My
mistake!

I am always amazed that many open source companies seem to be able to
operate a business on the open source software model, when the
government can't seem to get it's act together using an EXTORTION
(taxation) system.

Just my 1.279856 cents worth - after taxes.