No subject

Minos xmin0s at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 16 00:48:21 CST 2003

recently i have set up a webserver running redhat 8, (gentoo gave me funny
errors, but thats another thread all together). Im using this webserver to
earn about servers and app's and such. Well I have apache up and running
now, as well as a good ftp server and sshd. Now comes the time to make a
webpage. Whats a good program to use that will work with apache, Price isnt
a real issue, im willing to shell out the cash if needed, but free is always
good. I would like something that looks decent, nothing worse than a shotty
webpage that just has basic fonts and crappy text. So what do you all use?
And my last quick question, How do I set up the start page when my web addy
is put in, example mywebpage.com needs to open the index.htm to show my
webpage, the test page worked fine, however when I put in a basic htm file
that I made in its place it doesnt work, in var/www/html I used the grapical
front end and set the webpage search order to incude index.htm in the list,
however it still comes up as cannot be dispayed error like there is no
webpage there. However when I type in mywebpage.com/index.htm it finds it No
problem. HLEP! heh. And please excuse me for my typo's and misspellings, im
in a huge rush and I spilled a coke on my keyboard a few days ago, killed
the L key and a few others, so I have to slam it down, I may left out a few
L's ;)
Thanx for listening to my babble and taking the time to try to help me.
Tim