56K Voice Modem

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Thu Jan 16 05:10:43 CST 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Gene Dascher wrote:

> Does anyone have a Linux friendly Voice/Fax Modem that they aren't using
> anymore and would be willing to part with, or know where I can get one
> for cheap?  I am going to try and set up one of my home systems as an
> answering machine using VOCP (http://vocp.sourceforge.net/) as our
> answering machine has crapped out.  I used to have one that worked very
> well, but I took it out of my box when I got broadband, and now I can't
> find it anymore.

I'm not sure if it has voice, but I sure wish someone would take mine:

http://www.actiontec.com/support/modems/cwi.html

Its the PM560LKC model.

Does anyone still use telephone lines and vacuum tubes for data these
days?

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150