apache question

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Jan 14 22:59:04 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Amisano" <pamisano at kc.rr.com>

> What I am wondering is, would it be easier to reinstall a newer version of
> Apache, or try loading the PHP modules.  From what I understand, I will
then
> also need to modify httpd.conf to use PHP, if loading the modules,
correct?

You weren't explicit about what distribution of Linux you've got, which
implies that you could even be running this stuff on a Microsoft box, but
anyway:  You don't have to have the PHP modules loaded, you can call PHP
directly.  Sometimes this even works better than letting Apache handle the
PHP.  Just as with a perl script, you specify the handler with "#!" on the
first line of the script (#!/usr/bin/php).