apache question

Jared Smith jared at trios.org
Tue Jan 14 14:50:47 CST 2003

>I am currently attending Devry (graduate in 43 days)  I am taking a Perl/PHP
>class, but this is not the problem.  While sitting in class and playing with
>some PHP scripts, I noticed that the version of Apache we are using does not
>include the PHP modules ;) So in a few weeks when we start PHP no one will
>be able to run their scripts.

The first thing you need to learn in PHP is how to install it. At first, it'll take
a couple hours. Later you'll be able to do it in about 10 minutes.

Are you learning _about_ PHP or are you learning PHP? If you're learning
_about_ PHP then Devry will install it for you and you'll graduate without even
knowing how to install PHP. BTW, Apache does not 'include' the PHP
modules. Rather, PHP is 'attached to' Apache. It's about five lines in the
httpd.conf file, maybe even less. All the rest of PHP is in its internal
PHP.INI file.

-Jared