frontpage apache question

Peter Amisano pamisano at kc.rr.com
Tue Jan 14 14:16:25 CST 2003

This should get a chuckle or two.

I am currently attending Devry (graduate in 43 days)  I am taking a Perl/PHP
class, but this is not the problem.  While sitting in class and playing with
some PHP scripts, I noticed that the version of Apache we are using does not
include the PHP modules ;) So in a few weeks when we start PHP no one will
be able to run their scripts.

What I am wondering is, would it be easier to reinstall a newer version of
Apache, or try loading the PHP modules.  From what I understand, I will then
also need to modify httpd.conf to use PHP, if loading the modules, correct?
Now mind you that Apache is not on a centralized server which we all use, it
is installed on each desktop.  So that would be approx. 20 pc's that would
require modification.

Any suggestions?

Pete

--
There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's
got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information.