frontpage apache question

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Tue Jan 14 14:21:19 CST 2003

On Tue, 14 Jan 2003, Peter Amisano wrote:

> What I am wondering is, would it be easier to reinstall a newer version of
> Apache, or try loading the PHP modules.  From what I understand, I will then
> also need to modify httpd.conf to use PHP, if loading the modules, correct?
> Now mind you that Apache is not on a centralized server which we all use, it
> is installed on each desktop.  So that would be approx. 20 pc's that would
> require modification.

Modules are easy to get or compile independently.  I would simply add the
lines in apache.conf for including the module and issue a "killall -HUP
apache" or apache restart throught the init scripts.  No server
modification or downtime needed.

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150