What to do?

Phoenician phoenician at phoenixcolony.com
Fri Jan 10 19:40:07 CST 2003

 Good points indeed, but what if you anonymously notified
the IT Manager?  One part of me says it would be good
karma to let them know about the breach but there is also the dark side
that says let the poor sap find out the hard way.

 Ok....Say your web server had a vulnerability that you were not
aware of and someone found it.  Would you want them to let you know?

 Now, hypothetically speaking, if there were any litigation that came out of
this
I feel this would be an excellent opportunity to fight the legislation to
enact
a "good Samaritan" clause for instances like this.  I feel that we need to
find
every opportunity to squelch the oppression of our civil liberties and Big
Brother's
ever watchful eyes.

- Michienne

"a fronte praecipitium a tergo lupi"