What to do?

gphillip at kaiser.aafp.org gphillip at kaiser.aafp.org
Fri Jan 10 19:23:06 CST 2003

First of all don't post on a mailing list that you stole there client
database.  Even if you didn't do anything malicious, downloading a client
database is not good (even though they left the network open).

As far as informing them, it would be a good samaritan thing if you sent
them an anonymous note.  I wouldn't offer to fix the network.  They may
higher a consultant that is able to go through any log files, find that
files were downloaded, then assume that you did all kinds of bad things to
their network.