What to do?

Duane Attaway dattaway at dattaway.org
Fri Jan 10 19:48:02 CST 2003

On Fri, 10 Jan 2003 gphillip at kaiser.aafp.org wrote:

> As far as informing them, it would be a good samaritan thing if you sent
> them an anonymous note.  I wouldn't offer to fix the network.  They may
> higher a consultant that is able to go through any log files, find that
> files were downloaded, then assume that you did all kinds of bad things to
> their network.

If the good samaritan didn't download anything, someone else did.
Perhaps 100 other people.  Who knows what other problems they had on their
network the last week?  And the poor samaritan will answer to all the
questions the consultant who is hyping up the severity for his billalble
hours.

Don't offer your neck on the chopping block for the other dumb chickens in
that coop.

--
Why drive a car when you can ride a bike?
http://attaway.net                 http://counter.li.org   user #142150