Wireless keyboard/mouse and Those extra fun buttons on keyboards

Jim Herrmann kclug at itdepends.com
Thu Jan 9 08:30:27 CST 2003

I just got the Logitech Wireless keyboard and mouse.  It was absolutely
painless to setup.  Just shutdown, plugged in and started up.  No muss,
no fuss.  Now the multimedia keys are another story.  I found a package
called "acme" that configures the keys for some stuff, but it's not very
flexible, and it requires a daemon to be running.  I haven't got my X
configuration to recognize them yet, mainly because I haven't dug into
the config files.  There was a discussion on the list from 12/25 thru
12/28, subject "Key Bindings".

HTH,
Jim