Linux on an iBook

Eric Nelson ericnelson at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 14:15:03 CST 2003

Is anyone running Linux PPC (preferably Debian) on an
iBook 500 mhz? If so, I was wondering what type of
battery life are you experiencing? Does Linux PPC
offer different methods to extend your battery life?

I am considering buying a used notebook to run Linux
on. My primary specifications are:

1. Long battery life. Preferably a second bay for an
extra battery.
2. Small footprint. 5 lbs or less in weight.

The Toshiba Libretto or Fujitsu Lifebook P1100 look
interesting but I am having a hard time finding those
used. Which is why I have started to investigate a
used iBook 500 mhz.

Thank you for any suggestions.