weird su problem

Patrick Crain pdcrain1 at msn.com
Fri Jan 3 06:52:46 CST 2003

I looked at the documentation that the Godfather was kind enough to send me
but I wasnt able to fix su. I am running a suse 8.1 box. the exact behavior
is as follows. when su is called it asks for the password then it will not
accept any keyboard input except the <enter> key. It then denies access and
falls back to the prompt after a few seconds. I have seen no obvious
problems in pam or in su but I am far from an expert. I will keeping looking
for an answer in the bug lists on my off time, if anyone runs into something
that may be helpful please let me know. Thank you for the help   --Dutch