Linux Has DLL like concept?

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sat Aug 23 13:27:51 CDT 2003

jo - wrote:
> Thanx guys, my Q is answered.
>
> Brian,
>  I guess maybe Microsoft just realized the messy stuff you mentioned,
> and .NET somehow address those issues.
>
> Jo

I don't think .Net has anything to do with the shared lib problem as I
stated it other than the fact that a lot of programming will get
compiled at run-time and multiple languagues compiled with the same
compiler, supposedly cross-platform (they wanna be a Java replacement),
even Java doesn't do that completely.  So me of those programs will
still need some library to run.  I don't have a lot of time for this
post, but I still think there is a better answer than .Net (.Not gonna
happen).  How many apps have you seen actually ported to or programmed
in .Net?

Well, I have to go, but I'll think on this today and try to post some
more rhetoric later.  Prepare for the firestorm.

Brian

--
A Computer without Microsoft is like a chocolate cake without mustard.
-as seen on IRC