Freedomware Campaign

Monty J. Harder lists at kc.rr.com
Sat Aug 23 15:36:38 CDT 2003

"David Blomstrom" <GeoBear at geobop.com> wrote:

> 2. Help me publicize my campaign, by sharing this e-mail with your
> newsgroup or linking to my website(s). My campaign website (my first
> website hosted on a Linux server) is at http://www.seaschools.org/  The
> Freedomware page is at http://campaign.seaschools.org/freedomware/  (Feel
> free to notify me of errors or offer ideas or opinions; I plan on revising
> the entire site soon.)

  Your site is a perfect example of how NOT to advocate free software.
Calling Bill Gates, Paul Allen, and various elected officials all the way up
to the President silly names tells anyone reading your screed that you have
nothing of substance to say.  We may, within our community of people who
like Linux, use pejoratives like 'M$' and 'Windoze', but doing so to convert
others is counter productive.  It allows them to dismiss us all as a bunch
of wackos.

  With friends like you, Linux doesn't need enemies.