Question about Novell

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Aug 13 12:31:17 CDT 2003

On Wednesday 13 August 2003 2:52 am, Brian Kelsay wrote:

> My next step will be to load the netware client on the windows
> box.  That is probably the problem.

Probably.  Please be sure there's nothing on the Windows Box that can't be
re-installed when you have to replace the disk.

> I don't know how many people here have checked out Netware or use it
> on  a regular basis, but it has some striking similarities to Linux.

No coincidence.  Netware was similar to Linux in it's origin - a networking
software inspired by mainframe networks, meant to run on PC's.  Unix was a
part of that inspiration.

Novel made it's own version of Unix for a while, and of course Caldera passed
through it's hands.