Gentoo help please!!!

everythingPC contact at everythingpc.net
Fri Aug 8 23:04:05 CDT 2003

I am/was attempting to do a stage 1 install and when I get to the
make.conf file I have problems. I am following the documentation from
Gentoo for the x86 and it sayes very little as far as what you "NEED" to
do here. I Know there are probably lots of things that could be
optimized here. In the actual file "make.conf" only one line is
uncommented. Is it supposed to stay like that? I went and uncommented
all lines that looked like commands and set paths. Also I have an AMD XP
processor so as the Gentoo docs say to specify "-march=athlon-xp" BUT in
the make file it also has as an example after that "-03 pipe"

Maybe I should just go with a stage 2 or 3 .

Please help

Adrian