Work In KC Area?

admin at kclinux.net admin at kclinux.net
Sat Aug 2 21:41:22 CDT 2003

That's funny.  Sprint's been hiring employees back right and left.
Matter of fact, all positions are being matched up with previous
employees before going public.  And when it does go public, Sprint is
going to contracting companies and hiring after 3 - 6 months.

Plus, when Sprint merged all 3 divisions in 1 after the
telecommunications act expired, there was a lot of extra baggage on
hand.  What you did at Sprint, there's probably 3/1 to 4/1 ratio of
people laid off at the same time.  Your # just hasn't came up yet. Now
they're merging departments together.  Rumor has it the 2330 Shawnee
Mission Parkway (old world headquarters) has been sold, along with
KCMart, and moving everyone to the Campus and merging more departments
together.

Development / administration IT jobs are being offshored or in the
planning stages to India.  (Thanks Mike Stout.) But, they're just
jumping on the bandwagon, this has been going strong for 3 years now
with the Fortune 500 companies.