Sendmail and Kaspersky's Anti-virus

Bill Cavalieri bcavalieri at gekl.net
Wed May 8 22:01:25 CDT 2002

I have not been able to get KAV to work with sendmail.  If any of this
seems like something you understand please let me know, I'm whipped.

I add 2 lines to the sendmail.mc, in the places that the kav docs say,
stop sendmail, and m4 build the new sendmail.cf.

The docs say to run a couple tests to make sure the cf file works, and I
run them:
sendmail -bt
3,0 bcavalieri at gekl.net
end result is -> bcavalieri at gekl.net.KAV
which is correct, this is suppose to cause kav to scan the message

second test
sendmail -bt
3,0 bcavalieri at gekl.net.KAV
end result is -> bcavalieri at gekl.net.KAV.gekl.net.KAV
this is wrong, it should have stripped off the .KAV not append another.
Which by the way is the hostname of the box (have 3 ip's on box, with 2
diff domain names)

Thanks,

-Bill

Bill Cavalieri