another question about roadrunner

david nicol whatever at davidnicol.com
Thu May 9 02:45:05 CDT 2002

Brian Densmore wrote:

> Damn! I never thought to connect the modem to the switch. How'd you do
> that?

"Crossover cable."  I am receiving kclug via a nic plugged into a
3com dumb hub with a crossover-capable port on it which has a long
cable plugged into it which goes out the window and outside and
in my downstairs neighbor's window where it plugs into a massive
48 port HP device I picked up at Surplus Exchange (his friends are
totally cowed by it) which has a crossover cable connecting it to
the sharkfin.

I configured a NAT firewall just to double the number of packets on
my network, although dhcpcd works with rr fine.

--
********** David Nicol sigfile at davidnicol.com *******************
    "Crutches are to be cast aside eventually." -- Kathy Putziger