2 phone lines

Bradley Miller bradmiller at dslonramp.com
Tue May 7 13:18:16 CDT 2002

At 06:18 AM 5/7/02 -0700, J. Eric Gilliland wrote:
>Dear Bradley,
>
>As far as I know we only have one phone line.  I will
>double check when I get home, however.  I know we are
>only paying for one.  Do you mean two phone lines as
>in two seperate lines, or as in two connections?  I
>could easily imagine tha they split the lines to run
>one into the office.  Any idea how I would remedy this
>situation?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Eric Gilliland

Do you have a seperate phone number for your dial-up connection?  Even if
you don't that doesn't mean that your neighbors might not have additional
lines (modems, teenagers, fax machines, etc...) It might very well be that
your connection is the problem.  Unfortunately there really isn't much that
you can do about it.  You might be able to call your local telephone
company and complain.  They'll want to sell you a "data conditioned" line .
. . which means that they put you back on your own seperate "full spectrum"
line.  You can call and raise hell about it and see what happens.   You
might also want to check around and see if someone else is getting decent
connect speeds and haul your setup over to their place to test whether it's
just your lines.  I suspect that it's the lines, but sometimes the older
56K modems were the problem.

Bradley Miller, Programmer/webmaster
AccessZone Design - www.accesszonedesign.com
Blue Springs, Missouri office
Phone: 816-228-3814		Fax: 775-254-6162 <-- NEW!!
Toll-free: 888-872-4420	ICQ: 48555780